How to get to us
Norwegian.com flies to Oslo-Gardemoen and prices start at EUR 80 for a return ticket with cabin baggage only. Additional luggage costs around EUR 25 per item (and one trip) = standard luggage or ski / snowboard bag. (except for ski boots you can borrow the rest of the equipment from us)
- Way there: Saturday flight arrival until 13:00 to Oslo, there we will pick you up and drive for about 4 hours by car to Ustaoset (transport from the airport is included in the trip)
- Way back: Either we get up a bit early on Saturday, or we will party hard on Friday, but we can catch any plane that leaves Oslo after 10:00 am
In our opinion, this is the best way to get here, even with smaller (2+) groups of people. You can take any equipment with you, with a little luck you will be able to smuggle over-limit alcohol across the Norwegian border, and you can kite one day longer compared to traveling by plane.
- Way there: Just drive:) Recommended ferries when coming from central Europe:
- Way back: After the Saturday kiting, you can have a shower and coffee in our cabin and then head back home in tears;)
Where are you going to stay
Typical Norwegian cabin in Ustatoset. It has two floors, it accommodates 10 people and has everything to have - sauna, large living room with fireplace and amazing views of the village and lake behind it, 5 double bedrooms, 2 bathrooms & 2 toilets and a few other irrelevant rooms (hall, cellar and kitchen)Unlimited internet is available for poor remote workers, but we don't like to see it!
The cabin is right in the „center“, it won't be far anywhere:
- 10 minutes by car to Haugastøl (entrance to the plateau)
- 15 minutes by car to the first snowkite spot on the plateau (Ørteren)
- 15 minute walk to the local spot on Lake Ustevatnet (can be used if there is whiteout at the plateau and the road is closed)
- 2 minutes walk to the local store
You won't die of hunger!
BREAKFAST / SNACK / DINNER
After all-day kiting you certainly don't want to spend evenings by the cooker,We try to adapt to special tastes and diets and arrange meals with each group in advance.
so we offer a trip with a half-board.
Breakfast table will be full of yummies (freshly baked bread, mixed eggs, sausages, butter, ham and cheese, muesli, yoghurts, coffee, tea, milk ...)
For dinner during the week we serve a variety of dishes of global cuisine.